Thursday, September 2, 2010

Room Makeover

We finally decided to re-do our office and turn it into an extra bedroom, so we have been slowly getting rid of furniture over the past few months and I finally decided that I was going to take off a few days and paint the room.

What began as a fairly simple sounding task turned into 5 days of work of removing wall-paper, fixing the texture and painting.

Here is the before picture of the "lovely" wallpaper and trim border around the middle of the room.
After two days I finally got all of the wallpaper removed to find that they had textured the walls around the wallpaper, but not under it.
This is before I started painting the room.
We decided to paint the walls gray and paint a stripe around the room.


It took a lot of preparation but I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out.

And we got some great furniture at Ikea, so now all we need is the bedding and curtains and it should be ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment